Monday, March 22, 2010

Random Thoughts from the Weekend

This weekend was the second leg of the Louisville Triple Crown of Running, the Rodes City Run 10K! I am not running the TC but I did want to go out and support my friends! So I got up early on Saturday and drove down to the Highlands with my signs to cheer early in the morning. What I learned was that it's NOT EASY to find people that you know when they are running by you. I saw thousands of faces, and a few people I knew but only one of the people I was actually looking for!!! Go figure!

I did have fun running a 2 miler down there through some of the neighborhoods I've never been to, so that was a plus!

Yesterday morning, before the sun came up, I started on the last day of the first week of my HM training program. Because I've been injured, I am trying to slowly come back into the game and get my mileage up in a safer way, so I've been using the Galloway method. For my long run yesterday, I used a 2:2 ratio and finished the 10 miles up in 2:14, including my stops for fuel and bathroom breaks. I was hoping to finish in under 2 hours but as long as I stay healthy, I'll get closer to that mark when the Mini gets here. I'm getting SO excited and it's really exciting to use a new training method. I just feel like I'm experimenting and I can't wait to see the results!

Today, I'm going to do a slow walk with the dog to loosen up the legs and get ready for my run tomorrow!! Happy Running everyone!

2 comments:

Lenore said...

I think we're about the same pace. I did 10 miles and it took me 2:15 including walking up hills and water stops. Is it sad I'm actually running more than walking and still that slow?!

Modern Marvel said...

Not sad at all, we are out there doing it and trying to stay healthy. I think for the first time in my life I'm actually at peace with my decision to walk. Like I said, it's been fun using the Galloway method and experimenting with it to see how well it works. So far, I'm a believer.

I've been wondering about you--I hope everything is better...let me know.