Sunday, April 26, 2009

The Morning After

Woke up early today and got Joey, his parents and my mom together for an early morning breakfast at the Bristol on the Ohio River. It was spectacular. The food was good (the service was questionable), the view was great and the weather was perfect. A cinnamon cappucino, an omelette and some home fries later, we all took off to walk down at the Falls of the Ohio. A FUN MORNING.

Here's where we sat:



Joey and I took our bikes out this afternoon and I put in 5.07 miles. I was hoping it would loosen my legs up a bit and it did just that. Felt great. Even my injured leg felt good for an hour or two but now it's stiffening up again. Other than my injured leg, the only thing that is even bothering me from yesterday are my shoulders. They are so tight and sore.

Today was the perfect day after a wonderful Race Day. I missed my running buddies though--wish we could have had some fun before OUR weekend came to an end. There's always next weekend, though.

Now I'm excited about the potential that lies ahead of me--hiking, biking, trail running, more group runs (I HOPE!) and some more fun stuff sure to come! I can't wait!

And on a NRR note, today was the first day I really paid attention to the progress of our new arena construction project. Here are some cool artist rendered pics I found today:





Oh and while we're talking about Louisville Cardinals, peep this motorcycle at the Family 1st Bike Blessing yesterday (and really pay attention the detail). It's spectacular:



That's all I've got, folks.

2 comments:

tjohnson1970 said...

Glad you had a good day. I regret not getting the bike out today. My legs are pretty tight, and it probably would have helped.

Great bike. That is really sharp.

Batlou said...

Love that motorcycle paint job. Go Cards!!!