Monday, December 1, 2008

Ryan Hall's Record Breaker

I've been a little obsessed with all things Half-Marathon lately. Now that this year is nearing its end, I'm getting nervous *already* about my first Half in April. So yeah, whenever I watch this, I get chills. I am not at all bored by any part of this video, even though it gets a bit "Cloverfield-ish" at some points. LOL

And I desperately want to go run right now, but really fast. Not slow. I also want someone to follow me during my races and record me. I wouldn't look nearly as good as he does.



He ran that Half Marathon in 59:43--just 8 more minutes than it took me to run my last 5 mile race. Bwahahha!!

I just finished a long, intense and grueling core workout, including my usual Mammoth Workout and I intended to do arms but umm, after that workout, I can't dream of doing anything to my poor arms. It's even hard for me to type this right now. I'm a bit shaky. I guess the pushups and the extended arm planks will be all of the upper body workout I'm getting today.

2 comments:

Some guy named John said...

The dude makes it look easy, alright!

billdowis said...

That video is amazing! I love watching Ryan Hall ru, because he is such an inspiration physically and spiritually.

I love it when he is passing the power walkers.... and at points the other runners are so far behind you can not even see them.

Great video!