Saturday, February 21, 2009

I pick Redford and Clooney...

I'm watching Season 1 of 30 Rock. Jenna was asking Liz to choose between Paul Newman and Robert Redford. Redford. Between Brad Pitt and George Clooney. Clooney. That's my non-running related contribution for the day.

Back to business. Here's a little pictorial history of this morning's group run:

Yes, this is Southern Parkway. No, this is not what it looked like during today's run. :)



This is Eastern Parkway looking at the Preston intersection. That's White Castle on the left.



Here's Cherokee Triangle...at night!



This morning, we went on a good run through a portion of our city--Iroquois Park to Cherokee Park. I had a great time and even though I think we were a little less chatty than normal, I have to say today seemed to be a more comfortable, more fun and more inspiring run than in a long time. I feel great! I've said before that I really enjoy being out when there are other runners. There's such camaraderie in the running community and it just makes me feel great to pass a runner or a group of runners. And yes, wave. Speak. Smile. Do something to acknowledge my existence in the Running World. I'm not special, no. But I deserve respect, and we're sorta in this together, even though we're doing it separately. I digress.

What made this run stand out from other long runs:

1. There were a couple of funny moments that had me laughing so hard that I didn't think I could keep running.

2. Our "group" just gets better and better.

3. Great route! I'll definitely do that again--as long as I have some company.

4. Denny's. This wasn't necessarily positive. I could smell the pancakes and I could taste the Moons Over My Hammy. I really wanted to eat there.

Solid run, comfortable pace and good company! Feeling pretty good after my ice bath, warm shower, Panera Bread breakfast and a good nap!!!

2 comments:

tjohnson1970 said...

I agree, this was just a lot of fun. I really enjoyed being out there with you guys. Love that old pic of Southern Parkway.

tjohnson1970 said...

We need an update.

:)